Sunday, April 27, 2008

Bar Review 101 for Bar Hopefuls (as if naman authority ako on the subject, hehehe....)


transcript of my post at www.attyatwork.com. this was my (unsolicited) advice to chay (a forum member) and this applies as well to the other barristers who are taking the 2008 Bar. read on...

@ chay

thanx for the kind words. it would be a big honor for me if ever my own humble Bar exam experience could also serve as a practical advice to law students like you and to barristers like ***asterisk***.

right now, no definite plans yet for me after taking my oath. my immediate plan after taking my oath is to show up at the Supreme Court during the signing of the Attorney’s Roll on the date specified, hehe…. after all, that is the final act required before one becomes a full-fledged member of the Philippine Bar. but seriously, i’ll just maintain the status quo at the moment and walk the path wherever God leads me. I’m a CPA by profession and i already told myself that i’ll stay at my present job as an accountant for a makati-based firm until i can figure out for myself where i could be of better use to society.

and since you also asked the forum members for advice regarding juggling time between working and studying, allow me to share my 2-cents worth of advice since i was also a working student myself while in law school.

first, maximize your time. if you’re in an 8 am to 5 pm job. better wake up early to study, use office lunch breaks to study, and stay still midnight to study (but don’t forget to rest also) :-)

second, let go of unnecessary distractions like gimiks with barkadas and other distractions. they’ll eat up precious time which otherwise could have been devoted to reading piles of assigned case readings in law school. i tell you, you’ll have all the time in the world for gimiks after the Bar exams.

third, study smart not hard. know what law materials to study and how to conduct your study more effectively. touch base with law school classmates and if possible find a classmate who is as passionate as you are in studying the law. they make good company.

lastly, pray, pray, pray. don’t forget to ask Divine Providence for strength and wisdom. even if you’re still a sophomore, ask God to help you make it sa Bar exams.

good luck to your studies. God bless you always….

No comments:

Post a Comment